    FlaskMpeg but I have to encode them to *something* and I just want to be
    able to rip "title 2" and have that programme ripped off the DVDRW. Does
    anyone understand what I am trying to do and have advice?

    cowboyz, Jul 14, 2004

  2. cowboyz

    Collector_NZ Guest

    Do the disks play in a standard dvd player?

    Collector_NZ, Jul 14, 2004

  3. cowboyz

    cowboyz Guest

    yes they do. why?

    cowboyz, Jul 14, 2004
  4. cowboyz

    Allistar Guest

    transcode allows you to rip specified titles/chapters from a DVD to your
    hard drive.

    Allistar.

    Allistar, Jul 14, 2004
  5. cowboyz

    JedMeister Guest

    You could demultiplex the vob file into it's video and audio components.

    Go to www.dvdrhelp.com, this has heaps of info and guides on how to do this.

    JedMeister, Jul 14, 2004
  6. cowboyz

    cowboyz Guest

    Yeah, I could and I did for that one but it seems silly and a waste of time.
    I have vob file. I want vob file. Why can't I just cut the file. Damn
    thing pissed me off but in a run around I did what I wanted. Takes time
    though. Will be easier and quicker to use 1 dvd for each program and record
    them with the standalone rather than working with the files later.

    Interesting to note that with the DVDR I had some chapters hidden (ads) and
    after it rips those titles don't hold their hidden status. Bugger really.

    cowboyz, Jul 14, 2004
  7. cowboyz

    SteveM Guest

    Did you try DVD Decrypter in IFO mode??
    With a "normal" Dvd, this mode will allow you to choose individual
    chapters inside a VOB file and save them seperately.

    I do not know how your DVD is formatted but this may be an option?

    SteveM

    SteveM, Jul 14, 2004
  8. cowboyz

    Collector Guest

    cowboyz said the following on 14/07/2004 19:19:
    Okay that tells me that they are a standard DVD acceptable format Mpeg 2
    probably.

    The only thing is they may have macrovision of similar protection.

    Goto doom9 or DVDdigest and have a read so that you can rip the tracks
    you want.

    Collector, Jul 14, 2004
  9. cowboyz

    cowboyz Guest

    ok. I got cladDVDnet to rip by title. Not terribly clear and easy but it
    does it. The funny thing is the titles don't line up with the titles on
    the DVD. For instance. When you play title 1 on the DVD (in a standalone
    dvd player or a dvd in PC) it is Dora. But if I rip title 1 it is lion man
    which is title 2 on the DVD. Doesn't matter. It is more or less working
    now.

    cowboyz, Jul 14, 2004
  10. Maybe one is numbering from 0, the other from 1?

    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Jul 15, 2004
  11. cowboyz

    cowboyz Guest

    That makes sense. I'll check next time I do it.

    cowboyz, Jul 15, 2004