    with no password I can do nothing to it. So my question is, is there no way
    to reset it the way you would reset the BIOS on a computer? So as to start
    from scratch?

    Mostro Di Biscottos, Jul 16, 2003

  2. http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...ducts_password_recovery09186a0080094795.shtml

    You need physical access to the router, but you seem to have that.... good
    luck!

    Bjørn Djupvik, Jul 16, 2003

  3. Mostro Di Biscottos

    PJML Guest

    Assuming you have a rollover cable and the
    appropriate RJ45-to-DB9 or RJ45-to-DB25 cable,
    you connect a RS232/V24-capable terminal [or a
    PC reunning appropriate terminal-emulation
    software] to the CON port of the router, then
    follow the Cisco-documented "password recovery"
    procedure.

    PJML, Jul 16, 2003