Tabs Missing / Monitor Display Problems =(

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Jack Barrett, Dec 4, 2005.

  1. Jack Barrett

    Jack Barrett Guest

    I have Windows XP Pro on my home network which consists of the following
    PC's:

    eMachines 2.6 CPU / 512 RAM
    Compaq Presario 933 MHZ / 512 RAM

    The Compaq displays just fine. The eMachines PC is my problem.
    When I right click the screen>properties it's missing a tab to change the
    display options. =(

    I am also missing themes from the Themes menu. I change the display to
    Windows XP display options....then click ok....come back later and it's
    changed back to Windows Classic display options!
    It will NOT allow for single click icon changes either!!!!!
    It defaults to double click for icons which is a pain in my ass.
    What the hell is going on?

    I can't seem to get it to display anything with XP themes or XP Plus themes!
    I have scanned for viruses, spyware and Trojans. NOTHING....clean as a it
    can get.

    Jack

    Jack Barrett, Dec 4, 2005

  2. In Jack Barrett spewed forth:
    How long has it been like this? Have you considered reverting to an earlier
    time with System Restore?

    Quirk E. Dude, Dec 4, 2005

  3. Jack Barrett

    Jack Barrett Guest

    Hi Quirk,

    It's been like this for a while. Tried system restore to no avail. =(
    It appears to be something tied into the display features.
    i am not sure if it's the driver which I have tried to update wothout any
    luck.

    Thanks,
    jack

    Jack Barrett, Dec 4, 2005