    This is pretty much tabbed browsing right?

    Seems to be like it's the newest "biggest thing" but I'm sure
    most people have been doing it for years???

    Lukan, Mar 23, 2006

  2. Lukan

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Huh? Have you actually bothered to read up on this at all?

    A new browser window is NOT a tab. With tabbed browsing you have ONE
    browser window that can contain many URLs/Web pages, each accessible by
    simply clicking a tab in that window.

    Do you use MS Excel workbooks? Same concept. You can have many
    worksheets (spreadsheets) in a single workbook and switch between them
    instantly by clicking on a tab at the bottom of the Excel window.

    There are many programs that use this design paradigm.

    Ed Mullen, Mar 23, 2006

  3. Lukan

    PowerPiano17 Guest

    I agree with him. You should have read more into this topic... and get
    Firefox.

    PowerPiano17, Mar 23, 2006
  4. Lukan

    Lukan Guest

    I've been using Firefox exclusively for years.

    Perhaps my point wasn't made clear - I was just asking if
    anyone else just used multiple browser windows to navigate the
    web (which yields exactly the same RESULT as having multiple
    tabbed windows of the same browser running).

    Since the answer is seemingly no, then I guess I was just a
    genius before my time then? :)

    All the best.

    Lukan, Mar 25, 2006
  5. Lukan

    Paul Guest

    Hi - yes, my habit using IE had been always to right click on any link, and
    select "open in a new window" so that my "source" page was always
    available. In a sense, that is "tabbed browsing", but each tab started a
    new instance of IE which soon clogged system resources. Firefox prevents
    that by opening the tabs without having to re-initiate its program engine
    and therefore saves resources -- a big plus in my mind.

    Paul, Mar 25, 2006
  6. Lukan

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Multiple windows does NOT yield "exactly the same result" as using tabs.
    Multiple windows are not the same as one window with tabs.

    Ed Mullen, Mar 26, 2006
  7. Lukan

    gwtc Guest

    plus multiple windows eat more ram than one window with many tabs.

    gwtc, Mar 26, 2006