Tabbed browsing...IE vs Firefox

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by History Fan, Nov 5, 2005.

  1. History Fan

    History Fan Guest

    I have a PC running XP Home SP2. My two web browsers are IE 6 SP2 and
    Firefox 1.07. I really like tabbed browsing, so I installed the MSN Toolbar
    for IE 6.

    The tabbed browsing feature with Firefox is definitely better than the
    MSN Toolbar for these reasons:

    1) For tabbed browsing to work with IE, you have to have the MSN Toolbar
    running, which takes up space on your desktop.

    2) Every time I open a new tab, the window is not maximized. No big deal,
    but it is annoying. When I switch back to the original window, it too is no
    longer maximized.

    3) When using the MSN Toolbar, I kept getting application exception error
    messages, forcing IE to close.

    For future tabbed browsing with IE, I'll wait until Internet Explorer 7
    is released.

    History Fan, Nov 5, 2005

  2. History Fan

    mike555 Guest

    --- snip ---

    === or you could get rid of the toolbar and get " Foxie " from..
    http://www.getfoxie.com/ ... it'll make ie have tabs and be much
    more safe ...====

    mike555, Nov 6, 2005