    Can this be done with either of the above browsers (please tell me exactly
    how), or could anyone recommend a browser that will do this?
    Thanks...

    anthonyberet, Jan 3, 2004

  2. anthonyberet

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Jan 3, 2004

  3. Mozilla does this. www.mozilla.org

    Michael J. Apollyon, Jan 3, 2004
  4. anthonyberet

    °Mike° Guest

    I have Mozilla Firebird installed, and can't get it to do this.
    It opens a new window, unless I specifically right click and
    choose to open in a new tab. Is there a way to get it to
    open fresh pages in new tabs? Unless I've overlooked
    something, there is nothing in options about this.

    °Mike°, Jan 3, 2004
  5. I'm kinda new to Mozilla myself and using 1.6b. There are some options
    in Edit->Preferences->Navigator->Tabbed Browsing to simply Tab use. (I
    use ctrl-click.)

    Michael J. Apollyon, Jan 3, 2004
  6. http://www.intraplanar.net/projects/tabprefs/

    Hywel Jenkins, Jan 3, 2004
  7. anthonyberet

    °Mike° Guest

    Right, thanks. Firebird doesn't have some of the options that
    the full version of Mozilla does, but it's sorted now, with extensions.
    http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/

    °Mike°, Jan 3, 2004
  8. anthonyberet

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Jan 3, 2004
  9. I have my wheel set up to open links in new windows, and so far I've not
    been able to get the TabPref think to work.

    Hywel Jenkins, Jan 3, 2004
  10. anthonyberet

    °Mike° Guest

    The TabPref is very limited. I've disabled it and loaded the
    TabBrowserExtensions by Shimoda Hiroshi. It's quite extensive
    and works fine.
    http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/#tbe

    °Mike°, Jan 3, 2004
  11. On 03 Jan 2004, anthonyberet wrote
    The browser shell I use does this -- it opens new pages with a left-
    click, or lets you open them in the background with a different single
    click (it's assignable, but defaults, I think, to the middle of a
    three-button mouse).

    It's a paid-for product, though -- trialware.

    FWIW, I've not found any freeware tabbed browser shell that has this
    sort of flexibility with single-click page selection. It's clearly OT
    for the group, though, so I've put the link after my sig delimiter (so
    it won't propagate in follow-up posts).

    --
    Cheers, Harvey

    http://www.irider.com/index.htm -- I've not found any other browser
    shell which holds a candle to it, and no -- I have no personal
    connection with the product.

    For e-mail, change harvey to whhvs.

    Harvey Van Sickle, Jan 3, 2004
  12. On 03 Jan 2004, Harvey Van Sickle wrote

    -snip-

    Re: my favourite tabbed browser shell

    Bugger. I thought I was reading this is alt.comp.freeware, where
    mentioning paid-for stuff is asbestos-suit time....

    Give iRider a run and see what you think:
    http://www.irider.com/index.htm

    Harvey Van Sickle, Jan 3, 2004
  13. anthonyberet

    Sultan Guest

    anthonyberet wrote in
    MYIE2 does exactly that, you just need to set the options correctly. To
    do so:
    Options- MYIE2 Options- then on the left hand pane under Window select
    New, on the right hand side now you will see Open Window From - select
    the From Links on Page check box. Viola your done but you can select and
    look at other options while your there. So many to chose from!

    Sultan

    Sultan, Jan 3, 2004
  14. anthonyberet

    Sultan Guest

    Harvey Van Sickle wrote in
    Isn't that the truth!

    Sultan, Jan 3, 2004
  15. anthonyberet

    Trax Guest

    |>I have tried Opera and MyIE2 for tabbed browsing.
    |>However, the settings of both have me a bit foxed.
    |>What I want is for when I click on a link for this to open a new tab and
    |>make this the active tab, (and switch to viewing that tab), all in one move

    Opera will do this:
    File > prefs > mouse and keyboard > Middle click options
    I have mine set up to open a new page in the background, when a link is middle
    clicked. "Open in new page" would be your option.

    While I haven't use'd Opera's Wand, It will also do what you want:

    Open link in new page - Move mouse pointer to link and hold right button, move
    down.

    Others: Goto the Mouse options and click on help.

    Trax, Jan 4, 2004

  16. MYIE2 will also do what you want:
    Options | MYIE2 Options | Window | New
    Check the box for "Links in page"