    the binary newsgroups?? Does Thunderbird have the builtin capability
    of decoding yEnc messages or do I have to use another piece of
    software for that??

    Dudhorse, Nov 12, 2004

  2. No, TB does not combine/decode. Ed Mullen has a workaround:

    http://ed.mullen.home.comcast.net/Mozilla/moz_combine.html

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Nov 12, 2004

  3. Dudhorse

    Dave Guest

    For binary newsgroups, I'd recommend GrabIt. It just downloads the files
    (no combine and decode needed) and you can queue up as many as you want
    - I often download dozens of files that will take hours but I leave it
    overnight and it just does it with no intervention from me needed.

    Also, it automatically decodes Yenc files (jpegs encoded as text).

    It's freeware from http://www.shemes.com/. Great piece of sofware.

    Kind regards
    Dave

    Dave, Nov 12, 2004