    i've googled with limited success - thought someone here could save me hours of hair
    pulling?

    thanks ...

    JiLs, Dec 21, 2003

  2. JiLs

    JiLs Guest

    JiLs, Dec 21, 2003

  3. JiLs

    Patrick Guest

    'System Volume' indicates that the virus is in one of your
    system-restore-points
    A solution would be to turn-off system-restore, reboot, turn system-restore
    on again.
    You might well 'rerun your AV' again at this point to make sure the thing
    has gone.

    To turn-off/on the System-Restore (XP anyway);
    click 'start' button'
    click 'Control Panel'
    double-click 'System' icon
    click 'System Restore' tab
    put tick in/out of; "[ ] Turn off System Restore on all drives"

    Patrick, Dec 21, 2003
  4. JiLs

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Dec 21, 2003
  5. goto this link http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/vinfodb.html

    look up the virus your having the problem with and follow its directions on
    how to remove it

    Information\_restore{(blah blah

    robert andrews, Dec 21, 2003
  6. JiLs

    JiLs Guest

    thanks patrick. done that, will be back if the error appears again!!

    JiLs, Dec 21, 2003