    Does anyone know what the problem could be. Could this be a problem with the
    memory? Are there any ways to test for problems in the memory?

    Thanks

    Steve Macleod, Nov 4, 2003

  2. Steve Macleod

    Harrison Guest

    Harrison, Nov 4, 2003

  3. Steve Macleod, Nov 4, 2003
  4. Steve Macleod

    nemo Guest

    Steven,

    If you remove the new ram does the problem go away? It would also be
    useful to know what os you are running.

    Regards

    nemo

    nemo, Nov 4, 2003
  5. Steve Macleod

    Ron Martell Guest

    Memory modules that are not identical to each other in terms of
    manufacturer, specifications, and production lot number often have
    internal differences in the material composition and/or physical
    layout of the memory chips.

    These differences can affect the strength and timing of the signals
    returned from the RAM and Windows is sensitive to these differences.

    If there are no problems when the old RAM is used by itself, and also
    when the new RAM is used by itself, but there are problems when both
    sets of modules are used together then this is pretty conclusive proof
    of this type of compatibility issue.

    There is no fix or work-around for this type of problem. The only
    solution is to replace one of the modules with one that is *identical*
    to the second module so that all of the RAM is exactly the same.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP