System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFile does not work all the time.

Discussion in 'Software' started by Girish_Kamalapur, Jun 23, 2013.

  1. Girish_Kamalapur

    Girish_Kamalapur

    Joined:
    Jun 23, 2013
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi,

    I need to download the images from websites.
    I am using following code, in my ASP.Net application with framework 4.0.

    System.Net.WebClient wc = new System.Net.WebClient();
    wc.DownloadFile(finalPath, String.Format(destDir + "\\" + file));
    wc.Dispose();
    finalPath is holding the url of .gif file, destDir is my local folder and file is the name which I want to save the file as.
    This works some times, but most of the time all the down loaded image files (gif,jpg,png) have a same size and all images will be corrupt. It will not be possible to see the images in preview.
    What I am missing here?
    Is there any other was to download the image using .Net code?
    Is there any setting need to be changed?

    Thank you for the help in advance.
    Regards,
    Girish.

    Girish_Kamalapur, Jun 23, 2013