System.Net and Remoting Exam 70-320 problem

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by Lord2702, Dec 19, 2003.

  1. Lord2702

    Lord2702 Guest

    Thu. Dec. 18, 2003 9:05 PM PST

    When I am trying to use any classes (e.g. Dns.GetHostName(); ) from
    System.Net namespace, I am getting following errors. It just throws an
    exception, and displays the dialog box, break, continue, etc.

    Also, because of this problem I am not able to access Server Explorer in
    VS.NET IDE.

    Anybody knows what could be the problem, and how to get rid off it. ?

    I also, try to re-install / repair (w/o uninstalling) VS .NET, but no use.
    My problem is still as it is.

    I am using VS .NET 2003. Framework 1.1 on
    WindowsXP professional, with 512 MB RAM, 40GB / 20 GB (two HDD).

    Your help is highly appreciated, as I am in the middle of my Exam 070-320.

    Thanks in Advance.

    Suhas.

    =================== Errors ================================
    The type initializer for "System.Net.IPAddress" threw an exception.
    An unhandled exception of type 'System.Net.Sockets.SocketException' occurred
    in system.dll

    Additional information: An operation on a socket could not be performed
    because the system lacked sufficient buffer space or because a queue was
    full

    An unhandled exception of type 'System.TypeInitializationException' occurred
    in system.dll

    Additional information: The type initializer for "System.Net.Sockets.Socket"
    threw an exception.

    Lord2702, Dec 19, 2003