    for a system disk. If i switch off and then back on all is fine but this is
    really bugging me. I am running intel pent 4 3.0 ghz with 1.0gb of ram, any
    help appreciated.

    Andy kells, May 2, 2006

  2. Andy kells

    Dave Guest

    | My system has been plagued with problems since i got it, my harddrive kept
    | crashing and i had to reinstall about 6 times in a year, the harddrive
    | finally went titsup last week. I have replaced with a new one and now the
    | system keeps restarting but when it restarts it cant find the HD and asks
    | for a system disk. If i switch off and then back on all is fine but this
    is
    | really bugging me. I am running intel pent 4 3.0 ghz with 1.0gb of ram,
    any
    | help appreciated.

    Sounds like a Power supply connection issue.
    My Wife's PC did the same thing you are describing, till I' found burnt pins
    on the MB connector from the Powr Supply.

    Dave, May 2, 2006

  3. Andy kells

    Margolotta Guest

    Yep. Take it back and buy a Mac. Free life with every purchase.

    Margolotta, May 2, 2006
  4. Andy kells

    Plato Guest

    Return it. Or, cancel your credit card charge.

    Plato, May 2, 2006
  5. Andy kells

    Meat Plow Guest

    Don't turn it off.

    Meat Plow, May 3, 2006
  6. Andy kells

    Ben Myers Guest

    Open the case and remove and reseat the memory modules. Also, remove and
    reseat the plugs that connect the hard drive to the motherboard or controller
    card.

    Ben

    Ben Myers, May 3, 2006
  7. Andy kells

    old man Guest

    should have rejected it straight away

    old man, May 3, 2006
  8. Andy kells

    J-McC Guest

    I would try replacing the 40 core ribbon cable that goes from the
    mainboard to the harddrive. Make sure that you put the colored
    connector on the mainboard hd0 connector and use the connector on the
    far end of the cable for the main hdd. If you leave the end connector
    free and use the middle one you will have an "unterminated cable" and
    at the 133 mhz ATA speed you will get reflections etc and the
    data/signals will not be correct causing possible errors. Also check
    that this cable is not kinked.
    This worked for me recently as my cdrom kept getting "lost".

    J McC

    J-McC, May 4, 2006