    starts. Any ideas please? Also the bios doesnt seem to be saving any changes
    I make. I press F10, as it says to save changes, but next time I go into it,
    they revert back to original settings. Thanks for any help.

    John, Dec 3, 2004

  2. John

    Ingeborg Guest

    Maybe the system tries to boot from CD first. Try to put in your XP CD. If
    it boots from CD, you could try to disable it.

    Maybe your CMOS battery needs to be replaced.

    Ingeborg, Dec 3, 2004

  3. John

    Rob K Guest

    On 3 Dec 2004 12:25:17 GMT, Ingeborg wrote:

    BTW, what's with "Failed" earlier in this group ?
    news:[email protected]

    Rob K, Dec 3, 2004
  4. John

    Rob K Guest

    Correct the BIOS problem first as per Ingeborg's post. Don't forget to
    check for BIOS updates as you are probably installing a 'modern' CD RW
    into an old machine.

    Also, I'd try to find at least 128 MB extra RAM - much better for XP
    Pro.

    Rob K, Dec 3, 2004
  5. John

    Ingeborg Guest

    It's a reply on an empty message with subject 'Testing'.

    Ingeborg, Dec 3, 2004