System error/Machine Error Messages

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Guest, Jul 4, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I'm getting a lot of errors, system errors, machine errors, what's the best
    way to identify where are they from. I open event viewer. I have over 2,000
    events lots of warnings and errors, althought most are Information. The
    latest have Dhcp next to it, I guest is having problems with renewing the IP
    address, it could be my modem(Motorola Surfboard SB5101), after sometime
    idling I have to reset the modem(cable). I'm also getting system errors that
    have a Warning and WMIxWDM. Ususally after I log out I get this message. I
    will really appreciate your responses. Please be gentle I'm still fragile
    after the upgrade.

    Several users in same compu.
    Asus K8N Socket 754
    Nvidia nForce3 250
    HT800
    DDR400 1G
    (2pc 512mb)
    PC-3200/400MHZ
    HHD 250 GB 7200RPM 8mb SATA
    DVD RW 16x DVD+RW Dual Layer
    AC 97 direct 3D Integrated
    Windows XP Pro x64 3790
    OEM

    Guest, Jul 4, 2005

  2. Guest

    John Barnes Guest

    Not an answer to this post, but another strange 'error' situation I ran
    into. I looked in my system event log when I was investigating another
    problem, and found hundreds of 'error' messages saying that PFC.sys couldn't
    load because it was a 32-bit driver. So, I decided to remove it if it
    wasn't being loaded anyway. Wrong, as it did eliminate the hundreds of
    messages, but my DVD and CD writers then went unusable and showed up with ?
    in the device manager. So reinstalled, now have both error messages but
    working hardware.
    I am happy to have my drives working, but it sure makes it difficult to find
    legitimate errors in the event log when you have hundreds of these items
    listed.

    John Barnes, Jul 4, 2005

  3. Can you post some of the errors here? Preferably the latest ones.

    Joseph Conway [MSFT], Jul 5, 2005
  4. Guest

    John Barnes Guest

    Event ID 1060

    This is the message is repeated dozens of times per bootup

    \SystemRoot\SysWow64\drivers\pfc.sys has been blocked from loading due to
    incompatibility with this system. Please contact your software vendor for a
    compatible version of the driver.

    The following are two posts I found in other forums. The second one is
    exactly what my experience is. I also have no idea what program installed
    it, but without it my optical drives also become ? in the device manager.
    All 3 are listed with the ?

    The only other error that I have is PFC.sys and I don't know what
    application installed it, the file resides in c:\windows\wow64\drivers\ can
    anyone tell me if they have this file or not?

    ***

    I was getting this event in my event viewer too. I couldn't work out what
    caused it - removing the file for testing stopped my optical drives from
    being seen after a reboot.

    ***

    John Barnes, Jul 5, 2005
  5. Remove Padus from the machine and that error should go away. Looks like
    its just not compatbile with x64.

    Joseph Conway [MSFT], Jul 7, 2005
  6. Guest

    John Barnes Guest

    What is Padus? I've never heard of it. Any other ideas?

    John Barnes, Jul 7, 2005
  7. Guest

    Guest Guest

    The Error i get popping up is the Machine Check Error. nearly every time i
    play a video or play streaming video off the net i get that error popping up
    all the time.
    How do i fix that.

    Guest, Jul 10, 2005
  8. Machine checks are typically hardware related, whats the exact error?

    Joseph Conway [MSFT], Jul 25, 2005