System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: CREATE DATABASE

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by mrv, Apr 13, 2004.

  1. mrv

    mrv Guest

    Hi:

    I have just begun my prep for 70-315. I am using the book
    by Jeff webb (Microsoft).

    I get the error (see Note below) when going through
    Chapter 5>Lesson 1: a simple web application to connect
    to a DB, create a dataset and use databinding to display
    the data set.

    I have very limited experience with Databases/SQL Server.
    I am not referencing any "master" DB in my webapp. I am
    trying to access the contacts table in contacts.mdf.

    Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,
    mrv

    =========================
    Note:
    CREATE DATABASE permission denied in database 'master'.
    Could not attach database 'Contacts' to
    file 'D:\MCSDWebApps\Chapter05\Contacts.MDF'.
    execution of the current web request. Please review the
    stack trace for more information about the error and where
    it originated in the code.

    Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException:
    CREATE DATABASE permission denied in database 'master'.
    Could not attach database 'Contacts' to
    file 'D:\MCSDWebApps\Chapter05\Contacts.MDF'.

    Source Error:

    Line 31: // Put user code to
    initialize the page here
    Line 32: //Fill the dataset
    Line 33: this.sqlDataAdapter1.Fill
    (dataSet11);
    Line 34: //Update the data grid
    Line 35: DataGrid1.DataBind();

    mrv, Apr 13, 2004

  2. mrv

    mrv Guest

    I was able to resolve the below issue.
    However, I am still not sure what caused the issue in the
    first place and what was it that I did, that fixed the
    issue.

    I did a number of things: recreated the project, creating
    ASPNET, refreshing the projects in the server explorer,
    and a few other things which I cannot remember exactly.

    I will try to isolate the issue and the cause, but any
    insights would be appreciated.

    mrv

    mrv, Apr 13, 2004