    and not any other machine. Sprint did mention something about permitted a
    port access on their DSL modem. I assume that it will be port 80. Where
    might I find the answers I seek?

    Guest, Jan 15, 2006

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    See your post named "Configuration question" on this same exact question.

    Guest, Jan 16, 2006

  3. Guest

    leeching Guest

    it depends if sprint allows you to host a website on port 80, you may
    have to host the site on port 8080 or an alternate port.

    As far as exposing a computer on the internet to host a website all
    you have to do is configure your router's port forwarding (linksys) or
    virtual server (d-link) depending which manufacture you have. To get
    to the routers administration window go to http://IP_OF_YOUR_ROUTER
    and configure port forwarding to allow port 80 redirected to (internal
    PC) 192.168.0.x.

    Dee

    leeching, Jan 19, 2006