    allow my system to

    Please, some one give me some ideas where I'm not looking or what I'm
    missing...

    Soul Bandit, Aug 14, 2007

  2. Soul Bandit

    miki Guest

    Are you set to the correct TIME ZONE and are you set to
    DAYLIGHT SAVING ? miki.

    miki, Aug 14, 2007

  3. Soul Bandit

    Soul Bandit Guest

    Yes, they are both set to current Daylight savings time, (the check
    box is selected) and we are in Austin Tx which is Central. Even if I
    try ahd set it to an earlier time zone to confuse it to and hour later
    time, it will reset back to the correct time zone and remail an hour
    behind. What is controlling the time , is it the bios chip? Or is it
    something to do with the CMOS being a bit weak allowing the CMOS to
    run a bit slower?

    Soul Bandit, Aug 14, 2007
  4. Soul Bandit

    tony sayer Guest

    Might be worthwhile just changing the battery.. could be doing odd
    things they don't last for ever!..

    tony sayer, Aug 14, 2007
  5. Soul Bandit

    sandy58 Guest

    New CMOS battery.

    sandy58, Aug 14, 2007
  6. Soul Bandit

    Paul Guest

    When the time is off by hours, and the error is always the same amount,
    it is a Time Zone problem. Example here:

    http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/r17988423-XP-Pro-Windows-XP-Time-Server

    Why would a weak CMOS battery only affect the hours, only have an error
    of one hour. That implies it chooses to lose a "carry" only once.
    If the hardware missed one pulse, then why not miss two or three or "n"
    pulses ?

    Paul

    Paul, Aug 14, 2007
  7. Soul Bandit

    - Bobb - Guest

    I had issue a few months ago while using msft time clock. I tried the
    alternative (time.nist.gov) and has issues. I modified the choices by
    doubleclicking the time then on Internet time server name tab ,
    deleting/typing over it and made my time server " time-a.nist.gov " and
    checked "automatically check" and after that connection, my time clock has
    been fine since. My issue was around the time that they were going to
    change daylight savings time day/date this year. Others reported that
    problem also ( search thru here in archives). I think that the connection
    to a DIFFERENT ( non-std) windows server cleared/set SOME bit in registry
    to trigger a reset and since then no issue here.

    So, change your time server name to " time-a.nist.gov " and good luck.

    Bobb

    - Bobb -, Aug 25, 2007
  8. Soul Bandit

    tony sayer Guest

    Atomic.exe is a useful freeware programme for clock setting. Works
    fine:)

    http://www.winsite.com/bin/Info?1000000034325

    with a choice of time servers..

    tony sayer, Aug 25, 2007