? System Clock on WinXP Machine weirdness

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Bucky Breeder, Jun 22, 2003.

  1. This is a strange one, but hopefully someone has seen it and can
    help.

    On a WindowsXP machine - I don't know if the BIOS or CMOS is
    important at this point but it's an Intel Mobo - the system clock
    has suddenly decided to report ~4 minutes ahead of the correct
    time.

    Correct time? My other machines are sync'ed well.

    When I enter the dialog (rt-clk time display in systray) I can
    force a web sync on that tab, and switch to .gov and windows
    servers and punch the "sync now" button.

    What happens is that it reports that it has sync'ed, and I watch
    the time display correct momentarilly - but then it goes back to
    the erroneous +~4 min error. I also tried used a little third-
    party app with the same results???

    All my spyware, adware, Trojan and AV scans are showing clean.

    Anybody know of this situation and how I might correct it.

    Thanks,

    Bucky

    Bucky Breeder, Jun 22, 2003

  2. Bucky Breeder