    It didn't work on Monday when I came in. Windows 2000.

    Any ideas?

    -Jim

    jtpr, Jun 25, 2008

  2. Robert L. \(MS-MVP\), Jun 25, 2008

  3. jtpr

    jtpr Guest

    Thank you. Yes, I checked that. The only network it sees is the one
    in house and the SSID matches. I have WEP on it, which it asked for
    and accepted. But yet when you look at the router log, the connection
    is not there.

    It may be as simple as a NIC gone bad, but it intrigues me.

    -Jim

    jtpr, Jun 25, 2008
  4. jtpr

    Lem Guest

    What makes you think that the WEP password was "accepted"? Try
    temporarily reconfiguring the router to disable all security and try to
    connect. You may have to delete a stored profile for that SSID if the
    configuration utility you're using to manage your wireless adapter
    stores the password.

    --
    Lem -- MS-MVP

    Lem, Jun 25, 2008
  5. jtpr

    John Guest

    The solution may be as easy as restarting your router. Have you done that?

    John, Jun 25, 2008
  6. jtpr

    jtpr Guest

    Yes, several times. As for why I thought it accepted the password, it
    immediatly came back and said connected. But it never said it
    acquired and address. However, you make a good point, I'll try
    disabling the security and see what happens.

    -Jim

    jtpr, Jun 26, 2008