Syslog Server and port

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by ns, Jun 16, 2005.

  1. ns

    ns Guest

    Hi all,

    am using on my routers "logging <syslog_server>" command to send messages to
    the syslog server.
    The routers use default protocol/port, so UDP/514 to send message to the
    syslog.

    How can i specify another port ?

    I can change port and protocol on the pix firewall but don't know if it's
    possible to do it on the router.

    On the PIX, the command is :
    logging host <interface> <syslog_server> <protocol>/<port>

    ThankYou very much for your help

    Best Regards
    NS

    ns, Jun 16, 2005

  2. I think you can't do it. What you may do is to specify a facility code. This is
    what we do to have separate logs for pixen and routers.

    Regards,
    Christoph Gartmann

    Immunbiologie
    Postfach 1169 Internet: [email protected] dot mpg dot de
    D-79011 Freiburg, Germany

    Christoph Gartmann, Jun 17, 2005

  3. ns

    Ivan Ostres Guest

    You could probably use PAT to change destination port if that is what
    are you asking about.

    Ivan Ostres, Jun 17, 2005
  4. ns

    ns Guest

    hummm... ok.

    ns, Jun 17, 2005
  5. ns

    ns Guest

    ns, Jun 17, 2005
  6. ns

    Ivan Ostres Guest

    Well, I can see that I confused you a bit. Why not try something like
    this:

    (I assume that packets to syslog server go through Ethernet0)

    Interface Ethernet 0
    ip address a.a.a.a
    ip nat outside

    ip nat outside source static udp <serv.ip> <new port> <serv.ip> 514

    logging host <serv.ip>

    You can observe how it works using 'debug ip nat det'. If it does not
    work (or if it does) post your results ;-).

    HTH,

    Ivan Ostres, Jun 17, 2005
  7. ns

    ns Guest