    thanks...

    yeah i'm new..

    Jason

    jason b, Feb 1, 2004

  2. Configuring which, the syslog application, or the router to send to it?
    If it's the router, then any address you might need to supply would be the
    address of the syslog server, which isn't changing.

    AFAIK, your average syslog server isn't terribly fussed about the source
    of, or tha addresses in the contents of, the packets addressed to it. You may
    need to tell it to accept logging from remote hosts, but generally not down
    to individual addresses.

    Colour me confused perhaps, in need of more detail.

    Martin Gallagher, Feb 1, 2004