SyntaxError: invalid syntax in Python

Discussion in 'Software' started by Chrys_Nemo, Mar 2, 2012.

  1. Chrys_Nemo

    Chrys_Nemo

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hello everyoane...I'm new in programing and I start with python couse I herd is the most potrivite for the beginers.But I came across a problem.I think it-s a bug and I don't know how to deal with it.

    I want to make a small program to calculate me , an ecuation of the second type.
    I input the data("x",y","z") and I ask python to calculate and give me the answer but all he give me its an error.(See the title)

    Python 3.2.2 (default, Sep 4 2011, 09:51:08) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)] on win32

    Exemple:

    #Ecuatia de gradul 2

    x = input ("x:")
    y = input ("y:")
    z = input ("z:")

    print x**2-4*y*z

    And Python answer:

    SyntaxError: invalid syntax

    I curently use Python 3.2 and windows XP.

    I just want some advice.

    Chrys_Nemo, Mar 2, 2012