    help (perhaps).

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks

    Zapp Brannigan, Apr 29, 2004

  2. Zapp Brannigan

    hushia Guest

    Maybe you can put the favorites on the linux server and edit the windows
    registry to point to this location. What registry keys you need to
    change are: http://www.ittips.com/computersindex_v2-321-5.htm

    hushia, Apr 29, 2004

  3. Zapp Brannigan wrote:
    | Well, the Favorites folder specifically.
    |
    | My laptop runs XP Home, and my desktop (my main PC), runs XP Pro. I
    | want to keep my bookmarks (favorites) in sync between the 2 PC's
    | automatically. If I add a bookmark on the laptop, I want it to appear
    | on the desktop PC (at some point when the 2 are switched on at the
    | same time), and vice versa.
    |
    | Is this possible somehow??? Both PC's are networked via a wireless
    | LAN. I have have a central "always on" Linux server, that may be
    | able to help (perhaps).
    |
    | Any suggestions?
    |
    | Thanks

    I would use Beyond compare to synchronise the folders, clearly you mat add a
    new favourite to either machine and/or update certain favourites.

    Beyond compare will give you full control over which files get changed, it
    would have to be run manually or perhaps via a script.

    --
    Gazwad

    Freelance scientist and people tester.
    Guardian: alt.os.windows-xp