    possible to display the same messages on both? I know this can be done with
    files through the briefcase but can't figure a way with e mails.

    Thanks in advance

    John, Oct 9, 2005

  2. John

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Easiest? Set your email program up to NOT delete the emails from the server.
    Then check it from both. I do that. The second setting of course is to
    delete the email from the server when it has been deleted by your client.

    Toolman Tim, Oct 9, 2005

  3. John

    boywonder Guest

    If using MS Outlook, or Outlook Express, go to accounts, last tab, specify
    "lesve messages on server" on "one" pc only. Then pick your messages up with
    that pc, then use the other with that option off, then the server will be
    cleaned off at that time only.

    boywonder, Oct 9, 2005
  4. John

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Ah - but if you check it on PC2 first, then it's deleted before PC1 gets it.
    Set BOTH to leave messages on the server, and set BOTH to delete messages
    when a user deletes it locally.

    Toolman Tim, Oct 9, 2005
  5. John

    PC Guest

    John

    There is one product I know of that will manage your emails all sorts of
    ways '602LAN SUITE'
    Including having your emails in one place.
    Details here: http://www.software602.com/products/ls/
    There is a free (5 user) free version available for download by clicking the
    button under the 602LAN SUITE 2004 Logo.

    Be warned though it has a fairly steep learning curve, and you would be best
    reading the documentation 'first'

    Cheers
    Paul.

    PC, Oct 9, 2005