    Reply address is fake. Don't ask for the real one, a troll named Lookout
    sent enough spam and viruses that I shut it down. Please send all insults
    to as he is the true @sshole of Usenet. Thank you!

    Sens Fan Happy In Ohio, Feb 7, 2006

  2. Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

    Tito Guest

    Assuming its Symantec Antivirus Corporate ed 10, then load it up and go
    to "Configure -> Internet email auto protect", then untick the "enable
    internet email auto protect".

    Tito, Feb 7, 2006

  3. In Tito <> first
    attempted to communicate with pen, but the writing was small, so next used
    sidewalk chalk, but the rain washed it away, and then switched to spray
    paint and stencils but the cans exploded, so placed fingers to keyboard for
    this:
    My bad ... yes it is Corporate Edition. But let me ask you ... won't that
    disable the scanning of incoming e-mail as well?

    Sens Fan Happy In Ohio, Feb 7, 2006
  4. Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

    Evan Platt Guest

    Ummm are you the IT department?

    If so, tell the user you can only support the software YOU recommend
    and use. You then have two stances to take:

    1. "If a computer comes on my network, it uses MY AntiVirus software,
    or it doesn't come on my network." (Hardass approach).

    2. "Sorry, can't support your AntiVirus software." (Nicer hardass
    approach.

    Evan Platt, Feb 7, 2006
  5. Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

    larbowlin Guest

    It would seem so. But supposing the auto protect is active, e-mail
    scanning will not serve any useful purpose.
    Kind regards,
    Larbowlin

    larbowlin, Feb 8, 2006