    if they are worth it.

    thanks,

    Steve Davis

    Steve Davis, Dec 12, 2008

  2. Steve Davis

    darrilgibson Guest

    I've been using Sybex books for several years now. I've found them to
    be well written, accurate, and reliable at meeting the objectives.
    However, no matter who the publisher is, it always boils down to the
    author and the technical editor.

    Additionally, I rarely find that a single book (no matter who the
    publisher is) gives me everything I need. I usually seek multiple
    sources.

    I have to admit I am a little biased. I've written a book for Sybex,
    but not for MS Press.

    HTH,

    Darril GIbson
    MCT, MCSE, MCTS..., MCITP...
    - MCITP: Windows Server 2008 Server Administrator Study Guide: (Exam
    70-646) ISBN-10: 0470293152
    - MCITP SQL Server 2005 Database Developer All-in-One Exam Guide
    (Exams 70-431, 70-441 & 70-442) ISBN-10: 0071546693
    - MCITP SQL Server 2005 Database Administration All-in-One Exam Guide
    (Exams 70-431, 70-443, & 70-444) ISBN-10: 0071496092
    - MCITP Windows Vista Support Technician All-in-One Exam Guide (Exam
    70-620, 70-622, And 70-623) ISBN-10: 0071546677

    darrilgibson, Dec 23, 2008

  3. Steve Davis

    Jaco Niemand Guest

    Only used a Sybex book once and never again. You cannot make a mistake by
    using Microsoft Press books.

    Jaco Niemand, Jan 10, 2009
  4. I have always read the MS books first and Sybex or any other publisher's book
    as second source of information but you can't go wrong with the MS books.

    Ricardo Parraga, Mar 16, 2009