    is there any diagnostic method to find out what could go wrong

    thanks any advice

    hari

    hari, Jul 11, 2003

  2. hari

    Thomas Voigt Guest

    Hi!

    How are you detecting that your pc is "no in network"?
    Ping? Network neighborhood? ...
    The last one isn't a good indicator for that.

    Maybe these two switchports are in another vlan?

    Thomas Voigt, Jul 11, 2003

  3. hari

    hari Guest

    Hi

    all are in one vLAN
    iam not made any vlan yet

    iam using ping to reach other PC

    iam not able to with that two ports
    rest all post iam able to ping

    hari

    hari, Jul 12, 2003
  4. hari

    Thomas Voigt Guest

    Hi!

    A good choice.
    Do you have the "spanning-tree portfast" command enabled on these two
    ports? Without this there may be a time period up to 50 seconds from
    link up till transfering bytes through the port.

    Also maybe that these ports are electrically defect. I had this after
    a over voltage in the cabling.

    Thomas Voigt, Jul 12, 2003
  5. hari

    News Account Guest

    Please post the switch configuration - remember to erase any passwords.

    Don Woodward

    News Account, Jul 12, 2003
  6. hari

    hari Guest

    Hi here is the config

    vlan-leased#show startup-config
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    !
    no spanning-tree vlan 1
    ip subnet-zero
    !
    !
    !
    interface FastEthernet0/1
    !
    interface FastEthernet0/2
    !
    interface FastEthernet0/3
    !
    interface FastEthernet0/4
    !
    interface FastEthernet0/5
    !
    interface FastEthernet0/6
    !
    interface FastEthernet0/7
    !
    interface FastEthernet0/8
    !
    interface FastEthernet0/9
    !
    interface FastEthernet0/10
    !
    interface FastEthernet0/11
    !
    interface FastEthernet0/12
    !
    interface FastEthernet0/13
    !
    interface FastEthernet0/14
    !
    interface FastEthernet0/15
    !
    interface FastEthernet0/16
    !
    interface FastEthernet0/17
    !
    interface FastEthernet0/18
    !
    interface FastEthernet0/19
    !
    interface FastEthernet0/20
    !
    interface FastEthernet0/21
    !
    interface FastEthernet0/22
    !
    interface FastEthernet0/23
    !
    interface FastEthernet0/24
    !
    interface VLAN1
    ip address x.x.x.4 255.255.255.0
    no ip directed-broadcast
    no ip route-cache
    !
    ip default-gateway x.x.x.254
    !
    login
    !
    end

    hari

    hari, Jul 13, 2003
  7. hari

    hari Guest

    Yes thats true
    same PC used for testing all the ports

    But when i connect the PC, iam able to see in the console Port up
    when i remove the PC port down

    but i could not able to diagnosis, what is the problem

    is there any debug, which tells me the port defective

    hari

    hari, Jul 14, 2003
  8. hari

    News Account Guest

    Sorry but my 2924 is not accessible at the moment - try "debug ?" at the
    enable level.

    Don Woodward

    <snip>

    News Account, Jul 14, 2003
  9. hari

    chris Guest

    Try a simple 'sh int fa 0/1' (substitute another port number for 1 if
    needed) when you are having problems. The errors and packet counts
    might be helpful.

    chris, Jul 15, 2003