  1. Norm

    Norm Guest

    Is there such a camera?

    Norm, Sep 19, 2004

  2. Norm

    Phil Wheeler Guest

    Canon S1 IS:

    o Swivel LCD
    o IS
    o 10x optical zoom
    o Great movie mode.

    Phil

    Norm wrote:
    > Is there such a camera?

    Phil Wheeler, Sep 19, 2004

  3. On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 04:24:10 GMT, Phil Wheeler
    <> wrote:

    >Norm wrote:

    >> Is there such a camera?

    >Canon S1 IS:
    >
    >o Swivel LCD
    >o IS
    >o 10x optical zoom
    >o Great movie mode.

    Phil, Norm,

    yes, I was going to say the same.

    Doesn't one of the following cameras also have a swiveling LCD
    viewfinder? I don't know offhand.

    Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ3
    Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ15
    Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ20

    Hans-Georg

    --
    No mail, please.

    Hans-Georg Michna, Sep 19, 2004
  4. Norm

    Bunny Guest

    Nikon 8800 is coming with:
    1) 10X Optical Zoom
    2) 2/3" CCD with 8M Pixels
    3) ED Lens
    4) 35-350mm
    5) i-TTL hot shoe flashes available which support power zoom and iTTL
    6) VR- Anti-Shock

    "Norm" <> ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D:wM73d.1507$...

    Bunny, Sep 19, 2004
  5. On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 22:12:53 +0800, "Bunny"
    <> wrote:

    > Nikon 8800 is coming with:
    > 1) 10X Optical Zoom
    > 2) 2/3" CCD with 8M Pixels
    > 3) ED Lens
    > 4) 35-350mm
    > 5) i-TTL hot shoe flashes available which support power zoom and iTTL
    > 6) VR- Anti-Shock

    Bunny,

    what kind of image stabilizer will it have?

    Hans-Georg

    --
    No mail, please.

    Hans-Georg Michna, Sep 19, 2004
  6. David J Taylor, Sep 19, 2004
  7. On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 17:21:25 GMT, "David J Taylor"
    <-this-bit.nor-this-part.uk>
    wrote:

    >Hans-Georg Michna wrote:
    >[]
    >>> Nikon 8800 is coming with:

    >> what kind of image stabilizer will it have?

    >In the lens, not moving the sensor:
    >
    > http://www.dpreview.com/news/0409/04091603nikoncp8800.asp

    David,

    thanks and thanks for the link. Just read it.

    Very interesting camera, at 8 Megapixels and $1,000 it is above
    the class of the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ20, not to mention the 2
    and 3 Megapixel cameras, which are, however, a lot cheaper and
    also a lot smaller.

    Hans-Georg

    --
    No mail, please.

    Hans-Georg Michna, Sep 20, 2004
  8. Hans-Georg Michna wrote:
    []
    >> http://www.dpreview.com/news/0409/04091603nikoncp8800.asp

    > David,
    >
    > thanks and thanks for the link. Just read it.
    >
    > Very interesting camera, at 8 Megapixels and $1,000 it is above
    > the class of the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ20, not to mention the 2
    > and 3 Megapixel cameras, which are, however, a lot cheaper and
    > also a lot smaller.
    >
    > Hans-Georg

    Yes, it makes the decision process for an IS camera a little complicated:

    - Canon S1 IS - 3MP, AA batteries, CF
    - Panasonic - f/2.8 lens, proprietary batteries SD card
    - Nikon 8800 - 8MP but f/5.2 lens at max telephoto

    Cheers,
    David

    David J Taylor, Sep 20, 2004