    Is this just some silly arbritary restriction on that model or are there
    protocol/architectural reasons that prevent combination of trunk ports
    and multi ports on any/all switches ?

    JF Mezei, Oct 27, 2009

  2. JF Mezei

    geoar75 Guest

    Hi,

    You can't use multi-VLAN mode when trunk is enabled.

    Giorgos

    geoar75, Oct 27, 2009

  3. Multi-VLAN mode was never well supported, and had a bunch of
    restrictions, one of which is what you see, no multi-vlans if any
    trunk port exists. I assume they did this for security purposes,
    although it could have been an internal implementation limitation.

    Cisco dropped multi-vlan mode after this switch model was EOL'd, and
    no other cisco switches since have supported it.

    Doug McIntyre, Oct 27, 2009