    line not make FastEthernet0/1 a member of VLAN1?

    Regards
    Martin

    BUZZ, Apr 13, 2006

  2. BUZZ

    C Kim Guest

    It defines whether the port is a access port (end host) or a trunk port
    (multiple vlans, uplink ports, etc)

    C Kim, Apr 14, 2006

  3. Yes, to your 2nd question. All ports are members of vlan 1 unless explicitly
    configured for another vlan.

    Joel Salminen, Apr 14, 2006
  4. BUZZ

    BUZZ Guest

    Thank you both for your answers, it helped me :)

    Regards
    Martin

    BUZZ, Apr 14, 2006
  5. BUZZ

    squidius

    Joined:
    Oct 30, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Actually you are wrong ! You can never ever remove a SWITCHPORT out of a the NATIVE VLAN " 1 " unless you SHUTDOWN VLAN " 1 " on the VLAN Interface itself.

    Joel is wrong and indicates that all ports are a member of vlan 1 unless specifically configured for another vlan. not true, even though you configure your self solely to be in VLAN 100, unless you "SHUTDOWN" vlan 1, you will always be in the vlan 1 membership.

    Just wanted to make that correction, I hope it helps!

    squidius, Sep 29, 2009