    really bad headache and eyestrain. Should I go back to CRT technology
    or should I give some other brand/model of LCD a try?

    Thanks.

    Weapons of Mass Destruction, Aug 14, 2003

  2. Weapons of Mass Destruction

    Mitch Guest

    You might have set the brightness and contrast WAY off, or chosen a
    refresh rate that is not appropriate for your monitor.

    In general, an LCD monitor is much better than any CRT for fatigue,
    mainly because the LCD doesn't flicker. It is the flicker of a CRT that
    are most fatiguing -- assuming the brightness isn't set all the way up.

    Mitch, Aug 14, 2003

  3. Weapons of Mass Destruction

    paul s Guest

    Have you got that LCD monitor setup correctly? e.g. native resolution,
    brightness, contrast.

    paul s, Aug 14, 2003
  4. Weapons of Mass Destruction

    Ron Martell Guest

    What version of Windows?

    If you are running Windows XP make sure the ClearType option is
    enabled in your display settings.

    Also make sure you have the proper .INF file installed for your
    monitor. It should be on a disk that came with the monitor.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    Ron Martell, Aug 14, 2003
  5. Weapons of Mass Destruction

    WASSJA

    Joined:
    Nov 8, 2009
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    LCDs were worse for me than CRTs.

    Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
    WASSJA, Nov 8, 2009
  6. Weapons of Mass Destruction

    dazzammm

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    interesting read - have had problems for 10 years with my eyes (about the time LCDs became the norm).

    things use to be better when working from home - put it down to lights, not the CRT i used at home.

    just been working on a CRT screen and then switched to LCD screen - had problems instantly (sore eyes etc)

    always had problems with flourescent light.

    will give the CRT another go.

    Last edited: Jul 6, 2010
    dazzammm, Jul 6, 2010
  7. Weapons of Mass Destruction

    WASSJA

    Joined:
    Nov 8, 2009
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi again,
    My problems were due to LCD backlight flicker

    Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
    WASSJA, Oct 1, 2010