Switched monitors and screen is sideways!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Viewasku1977, Nov 12, 2003.

  1. Viewasku1977

    Viewasku1977 Guest

    I just changed to a larger monitor and resized my desktop. This is a 17"
    monitor. I've been playing around with the monitor settings and have been able
    to change the horizontal and the vertical of the screen. I've notice that the
    left side of the top of the screen is higher up than the right! Same goes for
    the bottom of the screen. I haven't found a setting for adjusting an uneven
    screen. There's plenty of information on the web for resizing pixels, but I'm
    not finding much on adjusting monitor settings--the kind of information I want
    anyway dealing with this problem. Would someone please point me in the right
    direction for such instructions or offer advice of normal settings for a 17"
    monitor? Thanks very much in advance.
    Viewasku1977, Nov 12, 2003
    1. Advertisements

  2. Viewasku1977

    Rob Guest

    That's an adjustment that has to be made in the monitor itself. Not all
    monitors have the ability to adjust that. Read the manual for the monitor
    to see what settings are possible.
    Rob, Nov 12, 2003
    1. Advertisements

  3. Viewasku1977

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Nov 12, 2003
  4. Viewasku1977

    SgtMinor Guest

    SgtMinor, Nov 12, 2003
  5. Viewasku1977

    MayB Guest

    When originally assembled, the yoke over your crt (cathode ray tube) was not
    properly aligned in rotation. The fix is to reorient that yoke (not to be
    undertaken by less than an experienced technician). However, it is a simple
    fix and your local shop tech should do it for a nominal charge.
    MayB, Nov 12, 2003
  6. Viewasku1977

    Viewasku1977 Guest

    On my monitor it's a menu option under the heading 'geometry.'
    Where is the menu option? I remember seeing the word geometry somewhere...
    Viewasku1977, Nov 12, 2003
  7. Viewasku1977

    SgtMinor Guest

    On this monitor (Sony E500), there's a button under the bezel that, when
    pressed, brings up an on-screen menu with eight options, geometry being
    one of them. If you'll look at the info on the rear of your monitor you
    should be able to Google and find the manufacturer's website.
    SgtMinor, Nov 12, 2003
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.