    Can anyone give me a thumbs up or down on Adelphia cable internet
    service?

    Thanks

    Slaphappy, Feb 16, 2004

  2. Slaphappy

    °Mike° Guest

    Which thumb?

    °Mike°, Feb 16, 2004

  3. Slaphappy

    Mara Guest

    http://snipurl.com/4j33

    Mara, Feb 16, 2004
  4. It was on Mon, 16 Feb 2004 07:50:41 -0600, just as I was halfway through a
    I also heard that Adelphia were in deep doo-doo financially...

    William Poaster, Feb 16, 2004
  5. Slaphappy

    Harrison Guest

    I'm in my third week of testing Adelphia.
    So far, there have been no problems and the speed has been consistently around 1400/245. YMMV.
    I have satellite tv, so I signed up for Internet only.
    Out of curiosity, I connected the cable to my tv card and found that it is also supplying basic cable programming.
    If cable continues to perform well over the next few weeks I'll drop DSL and go with it.

    Harrison, Feb 16, 2004
  6. Slaphappy

    Mara Guest

    They are. Or were, anyway.

    http://snipurl.com/4j3o

    Under this link:

    http://snipurl.com/4j3q

    "...Bradshaw told supervisors that his office had heard a number of complaints
    and queries from customers, asking why the new high-speed connection lines were
    not being provided. The simple answer was, Tele-Media parent company, Adelphia,
    the target of several 2002 investigations into various allegedly illegal
    activities, is in Chapter 11 bankruptcy at this time and has been operating
    without a current PGEC contract for a number of months....."

    "Gak."

    Mara, Feb 16, 2004
  7. It was on Mon, 16 Feb 2004 08:08:33 -0600, just as I was halfway through a
    Sounds rather a dodgy company to be involved with, IMHO.

    William Poaster, Feb 16, 2004
  8. Slaphappy

    Miggsee Guest

    I've been with Adelphia for a few years. I find their technicians are
    helpful, and I have no complaints with their service. When Adelphia thought
    my speed wasn't up to par, they decided to run completely new lines to my
    home. Although they say they do not support home networks, they will assist
    you.

    Miggsee, Feb 16, 2004
  9. Slaphappy

    Mara Guest

    They wouldn't be my first choice. Or even my hundredth. For some reason I rather
    like receiving the e-mail I'm supposed to be getting, and Adelphia is in quite a
    few blocklists.

    "I've heard that they might be trying to clean up, but too much spam for too
    long has placed them in a lot of private blocklists - and cleaning up probably
    isn't going to help much there."

    Mara, Feb 16, 2004
  10. Slaphappy

    ICee Guest

    Some areas of the country have big problems, others don't. I've had
    Power Link for 2.5 years now, and except for a 6 month period a year and
    a half ago, it's been very reliable. Speeds are consistently 2.5 to 3.0
    Mbps down, 245 Kbps up (max 3.0 Mbps/256 Kbps).

    ICee, Feb 16, 2004