    per port and/or per IP rate limiting.
    If possible below or in the range of 500$ aprox.

    PS.non cisco switches are ok too.

    raptor, Oct 26, 2004

  2. :can anyone point me to a switch that can do
    :per port and/or per IP rate limiting.
    :If possible below or in the range of 500$ aprox.

    How many ports? Managed or unmanaged? What port speeds are required?
    How many packets per second (64 byte packets) is the switch required
    to be able to forward? Is IPv6 support required? Multicast with
    igmp snooping? Cascadable?

    I just checked briefly, and it appears that Netgear and Linksys do
    not offer this feature in any of their models. D-Link offers
    rate shaping in its DFL-1100, which is in the range of $US2300.
    SMC appears to offer rate shaping only on one of their products, and
    then only for ATM.

    Walter Roberson, Oct 26, 2004

  3. raptor

    Ben Guest

    2950

    Ben, Oct 27, 2004
  4. ::> can anyone point me to a switch that can do
    :> per port and/or per IP rate limiting.
    :> If possible below or in the range of 500$ aprox.

    :2950

    I just checked around a bit, and Ben is correct that a WS-C2950-24 can
    be purchased for less than $US500. However, the WS-C2950 series
    does not do rate limiting: that requires the 2950G models,
    such as the WS-C2950G-24-EI
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_data_sheet09186a00801cfb64.html

    Street prices on the WS-C2950G-24-EI are ~$US1400.

    Walter Roberson, Oct 27, 2004