Swisssvoice IP10S phone - progress report.

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Alan Foster, Jul 22, 2005.

  1. Alan Foster

    Alan Foster Guest

    Hi all

    Someone recently posted (Nick I think?) about aquiring an IP10S. He was
    asking about power supplies, and I replied that I was about to get a
    Solwise POE injector for mine yada yada...

    Anyway, I thought I would offer an update of how things are going for the
    benefit of Nick? and anyone else that has one of these phones.

    The POE injector came, and works beautifully... it is a small brick type
    power supply that connects to a dinky little hub with just the 3 sockets -
    power, RJ45 in, RJ45 out.

    The phone powered up to show that the firmware in it was for a Protocol
    that I had never heard of! However, I contacted Swissvoice and they
    replied within 2 days with firmware file attachments and full instructions
    as to how to upgrade to SIP Protocol!!

    The FTP transfer went well, and I have just entered my Voipfone details
    into it and made some test calls in and out.

    Over the weekend I will try out all the features, but first impressions
    are very favorable.

    This is one really neat looking bit of kit - far more stylish than
    anything else I've seen.

    Guess I'll be going to the next computer fair to see if I can bag another
    one!

    Regards

    Alan.

    Alan Foster, Jul 22, 2005

  2. Alan Foster

    Nick Guest

    Hi Alan,

    Thanks for the update, nothing heard from anyone else on my original
    enquiry.

    I'd appreciate details of what to acquire, cost, location etc.
    You can reply using sendit(dot)here(at)ntlworld(dot)com

    Maybe I'll pop down to the Leisure Village on Sunday?

    Nick.

    Nick, Jul 22, 2005