    I want to delete the emails but move the motion
    clips in the MS clip gallery.

    PL

    PL+CL, Oct 9, 2003

  2. PL+CL

    Boomer Guest

    What are the file extensions?

    Boomer, Oct 9, 2003

  3. PL+CL

    Liz Guest

    They are probably GIF files.
    Right-click on it and choose Save Picture As>
    Select the location to save the file and click Save.

    Liz, Oct 9, 2003
  4. PL+CL

    °Mike° Guest

    Are these animations in HTML mail, or attachments?
    If they are in HTML mail, they may be animated .gif files.
    Can you be more specific, as saving attachments may
    be hazardous?

    °Mike°, Oct 9, 2003
  5. *.swf are are Macromedia flash files
    You need the flash player and or Plugin for your browser...

    However if you don't know who the are from I would just delete them

    You might want to read this as well
    http://quantum.fateback.com/tips/see-virus.htm

    http://quantum.2ya.com/email.htm

    Bebop & Rocksteady, Oct 9, 2003
  6. PL+CL

    Mike0000 Guest

    View message source. You'll see exactly what they are.

    Mike0000, Oct 9, 2003
  7. PL+CL

    PL+CL Guest

    | "PL+CL" wrote:
    | > I have several emails which show small motion pics
    | > but they do not appear to be file attachments. Are these
    | > .swf files and can I copy them?

    "Liz" replied...
    | They are probably GIF files.
    | Right-click on it and choose Save Picture As>
    | Select the location to save the file and click Save.

    Thanks Liz, I've tried that but they can only be saved as .bmp
    files which loses the motion.

    Pauline

    PL+CL, Oct 9, 2003
  8. PL+CL

    PL+CL Guest

    PL wrote:
    | > I want to delete the emails but move the motion
    | > clips in the MS clip gallery.

    "Mike0000" replied...
    | View message source. You'll see exactly what they are.

    Thanks Mike for the clue: they are .gif files.

    Pauline

    PL+CL, Oct 9, 2003
  9. PL+CL

    PL+CL Guest

    PL wrote...
    | >I want to delete the emails but move the motion
    | >clips in the MS clip gallery.

    "°Mike°" replied...
    | Are these animations in HTML mail, or attachments?
    | If they are in HTML mail, they may be animated .gif files.
    | Can you be more specific, as saving attachments may
    | be hazardous?

    Thanks °Mike°. Yes, I think they must be HTML animated
    ..gif files.

    The attachments are not the usual sort: i.e. they appear
    at the top of the email and are _motion_ clips. They
    are _not_ marked on the unopened mail as a paperclip.

    Message source says they are .gif files: e.g.
    ......Content-Type: image/gif
    name: "dragon.gif"
    Content Transfer-Encoding: base64.........

    I have searched all Temp Internet files and for *.gif files
    and cannot find them under their message source name
    (although their are a lot of .gif files with only a number).
    I have also looked in the backgrounds' folder.

    HTH to clarify.

    Pauline

    PL+CL, Oct 9, 2003
  10. PL+CL

    Brian H¹© Guest

    PL+CL said:
    If you want a copy of those files, edit the html and browse to the path shown in
    the html.

    Brian H¹©, Oct 9, 2003
  11. PL+CL

    Kenny Guest

    Didn't see OP but if they're animated GIF's and you have saved them open
    them in IE to see the animation. Opening in a graphics program you will
    only see the first still frame. If you have Paint Shop Pro you can open
    them in Animation Shop and see how they're made up.

    Kenny, Oct 9, 2003
  12. PL+CL

    °Mike° Guest

    You should be able to right click and save, as Liz suggested.
    Are these .gifs available when you are not on-line - in other
    words, are the images linked to on the net?

    The problem with OE is that it stores all of it's data in .dbx
    files, so you won't actually see them by searching your
    drive.

    If you only get the .bmp option, as you mentioned in another
    post, close Internet Explorer and empty your temporary
    internet files from Control Panel / Internet Options - include
    all offline content.

    °Mike°, Oct 9, 2003
  13. PL+CL

    PL+CL Guest

    | > PL wrote...
    | > Message source says they are .gif files: e.g.
    | > .....Content-Type: image/gif
    | > name: "dragon.gif"
    | > Content Transfer-Encoding: base64.........
    | >
    | > I have searched all Temp Internet files and for *.gif files
    | > and cannot find them under their message source name
    | > (although their are a lot of .gif files with only a number).
    | > I have also looked in the backgrounds' folder.

    "Brian H¹©" replied...

    | If you want a copy of those files, edit the html and browse
    | to the path shown in the html.

    Thanks Brian.

    The picture details appear as a long coded name
    without a file extension.

    Pauline

    PL+CL, Oct 10, 2003
  14. PL+CL

    PL+CL Guest

    Thanks for _all_ the replies.

    Following the clues I have discovered how to save the
    motion pics. After opening the email:
    File>Save as Stationery.....the file then can be saved
    as a HTML file and also automatically appears as a .gif file
    in the stationery folder.

    Cheers,
    Pauline

    PL+CL, Oct 10, 2003