    scrambling, to know that the infected comp belongs to someone within a
    limited group associated with my work.
    jj

    Jeremy, Nov 7, 2003

  2. Jeremy

    Roy Guest

    With a previous virus that was going around, I could open up the
    headers (show headers - all) and see the address of somebody I know
    (return path).

    This round doesn't seem to work like that. When I look to see who is
    on the return path, it doesn't really add up.

    I tried sending a email to 2-3 of them. Nothing bounced back, but that
    doesn't mean I identified the source. At best it means that somebody
    really has that address.

    "Mailwasher" is a nice program for screening and deleting email before
    downloading. There is a freeware version and a pay version. With 200
    of these daily, you definitely need it.

    Roy - Carpe Noctem

    Roy, Nov 7, 2003

  3. Jeremy

    Night_Seer Guest

    The latest version works in unison with spam cop as well, letting
    you forward a message to spam cop automatically. All you have to do is
    sign up with spamcop.

    Night_Seer, Nov 7, 2003
  4. Jeremy

    Jeremy Guest

    wrote
    I have mailwasher, I sent the guy in New Zealand some money a few years
    back and now have free updates for life. BTW there is an upgraded
    version as of 3 days ago
    ..

    JJ

    Jeremy, Nov 8, 2003