swaping disks with acronis trueimage?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by j_slobo, Oct 2, 2005.

  1. j_slobo

    j_slobo Guest

    Anyone..
    I want to exchange the contents of 2 disks -one is fat32(win98) the
    other is NT with 2 partitions
    I put the NT disk in a win98 PC and to begin with I was thinking of
    making an image of the win32 disk
    at the non-system partition of the NT disk but
    trueimage under win 98 cannot see NT disk as a destination in 'my
    computer'
    within the 'create image' wizzard (although it can be selected as a
    source)!
    'Adding a new disk' is not helping either and in 'Disk Clone' I cannot
    clone the fat disk
    (to 2nd NT partition)without emptying the NT disk first(but then I lose
    its data)!
    Thus I see no way to swap two disk without using some third disk as a
    temp storage but then from where am I going to be booting from in the
    process-the rescue floppies?
    If you have some advice please let me know-the best thing I can think
    of is if trueimage could enable me to clone fat32 contents to
    non-system
    NT partition, then clone NT system partition to the mentioned fat32
    disk
    and in the end just make the cloned fat32 partition(residing on NT
    disk) bootable somehow ..
    Thanks

    j_slobo, Oct 2, 2005

  2. j_slobo

    old jon Guest

    If you`ve got enough room on the win98 disk.
    1. Move the NT partition files to it.
    2. Reformat NT partition to fat32.
    3. Do what you want to do. They can `see` each other now.
    bw..OJ

    old jon, Oct 2, 2005

  3. j_slobo

    j_slobo Guest

    Thanks for the answer , however there is room for fat32 disk at 2nd NT
    partition but not vice versa,since fat32 disk is much smaller!

    j_slobo, Oct 3, 2005
  4. j_slobo

    MJP Guest

    Use your bootable rescue media (floppies) the program will see all discs.
    You can create images from the rescue floppies if you created a full set.

    MJP

    MJP, Oct 3, 2005