suspicious (?) e-mail from iPowerWeb Billing Team

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by wgreene, Jul 30, 2004.

  1. wgreene

    wgreene Guest

    suspicious (?) e-mail from iPowerWeb Billing Team

    ----

    Today I received an e-mail from something called "iPowerWeb Billing Team"
    with "Do you?" listed under the Subject line. I became very suspicious since
    I have no idea what this message is referring to. Is anyone familiar with
    "iPowerWeb"? If so, is it a legitimate outfit? Below is a portion of the
    body of the message:

    Your question has been received. You should expect a response from us
    within 24 hours.

    You may also update this question by replying to this message. Because
    your reply will be automatically processed, you MUST enter your reply
    in the space below. Text entered into any other part of this message
    will be discarded.
    [===> Please enter your reply below this line <===]

    [===> Please enter your reply above this line <===]

    If your issue remains unresolved, please update this question at

    Please let me know if this is something I should be concerned about.

    Thank you.

    wgreene, Jul 30, 2004

  2. wgreene

    Adair Winter Guest

    iPowerWeb is a web hosting service, a friend and myself have 2 websites
    hosted with them.. they are lagit. as to why you received the email i
    dunno.. only thing i can think of is if someone mistyped their email
    address..

    Adair

    Adair Winter, Jul 30, 2004

  3. wgreene

    Linc Guest

    why would you even open a mail from someone you don't know?

    and you ought to fix your address when on news groups.
    You'll get more suspicious mails now.

    Linc, Jul 30, 2004
  4. I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Thu,
    Why the hell should you care about these assholes if you know nothing
    about them? If they didn't send you an attachment and aren't trying to
    screw you out of money, just delete it.

    Dr Harvie Wahl-Banghor

    Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor, Jul 30, 2004
  5. wgreene

    JamesBenson Guest

    Forward it to who sent it, if it's a spoof then they need to know

    JamesBenson, Jul 30, 2004
  6. wgreene

    Plato Guest

    Why do you care? Just delete it.