    off the PC.

    It's a PB 17" CRT monitor. The connection to the back of the PC looks fine.

    Thanks

    Moody Marco, Feb 26, 2005

  2. Moody Marco

    Parko Guest

    Moody Marco squaked affter five nanoseconds of Deep Thought:
    It's a Packard Bell 'PC': read Poxy Box Generic Crap. There's a good reason
    why the Nippon Electric Co. only markets the suckers through discount
    stores... Return the CRT (I assume) to base.

    Parko, Feb 26, 2005

  3. Moody Marco

    jda^fx Guest

    Try to boot up in safe mode, if it's XP hit F8 when it starts, and
    then adjust the monitor settings to a lower resolution and/or a lower
    frequency and see if that solves the problem. If not try getting new
    drivers for the graphicscard and install them

    jda^fx, Feb 26, 2005
  4. Moody Marco

    Moody Marco Guest

    The PC won't boot up. As soon as I press the power on button, the error
    message appears, and that's it. The error message is "generated" by tne
    monitor (it's the same style of writing, etc, that you get when
    adjusting the monitors settings using the buttons on the front).

    I can't do anything with the PC, it just displays this message.

    Moody Marco, Feb 27, 2005