    that it consists of 5 CDRs . What is on these other disks and do I
    need al of them to install. If not what ones do I need.??

    TIA.

    Mutlley, Jun 13, 2006

  2. Mutlley

    Shane Guest

    I cant speak for SuSe, but you normally only need the one disk, and then may
    download anything further that you require.
    ie. the 5 disks are for every piece of software for every arch, clearly you
    dont need all that

    Normally the first disk is enough to get you started

    Shane, Jun 14, 2006

  3. Mutlley

    Jasen Betts Guest

    only 5? Debian is 15 (or more?), to install a base system you only need
    the first one, and the second if you want message in a different language)
    the rest are extra applications....

    20 different text editors, 3 word procesorsm, 3 spreeadsheets, 6 or so web
    servers, 5 arkanoid clones, etc...

    (numbers for illustration only, they could easily be higher)

    really you only need a 120Meg network install image, the rest can be
    downloaded from a remote, or local, server.

    Bye.
    Jasen

    Jasen Betts, Jun 14, 2006
  4. Mutlley

    Mutlley Guest

    Thanx. I just downloaded disks 1 and 2 so will install when I get
    some spare time..

    Mutlley, Jun 14, 2006