    Smoker Guest

    Is there any software available or browser plugin for IE that will only let
    the first frame of an animated gif to show on Web pages?

    Smoker, Aug 31, 2003

  2. try http://www.gifworks.com

    Upload and image and then use Optimise>split into frames
    Then right click on the individual frame you want and save it

    Paint shop pro can also do this

    Steven Pilbeam, Aug 31, 2003

  3. Smoker

    Smoker Guest

    Thank you but the reason I want to stop gifs from animating is because they
    are annoying, not to save them.

    Smoker, Aug 31, 2003
  4. Tools>internet options>Advanced>Scroll down list to Multimedia>untick
    "play animations in website "

    Steven Pilbeam, Aug 31, 2003
  5. Smoker

    discogail Guest

    .......Free Surfer (98/ME/2000/XP) is an excellent program. Don't believe
    it'll allow the first frame, but
    can enable/disable GIF and Flash animations ...nail those regular old
    everyday popups & popunders not spawned by spyware or adware unknowingly
    foisted on you.....a plugin cleans temp files, cookies, autocomplete, typed
    URLs and the recent document folder, if you choose to use it.... a home page
    lock prevents home page changes.... disables activex-prompts if you choose.

    http://www.kolumbus.fi/eero.muhonen/FS/fs.htm

    discogail, Aug 31, 2003
  6. Smoker

    Ðaz ©. Guest

    thanks.worked a treat!I now have my sunday back!
    :

    Ðaz ©., Aug 31, 2003
  7. Smoker

    Smoker Guest

    Thank you very much. I was expecting something more complicated to be
    involved.

    Smoker, Sep 1, 2003
  8. Smoker

    Smoker Guest

    Thank you, I'll check that out.

    Smoker, Sep 1, 2003
  9. Smoker

    Smoker Guest

    I sent thank you's for the help but don't see them in the thread.

    Smoker, Sep 3, 2003