    in the UK of getting a contract?

    Thanks.
    Andrew.

    Andrew Hodgson, Jan 12, 2006

  2. You probably want to get part number CON-SNT-CIS837K or
    CON-SNT-CIS837S9. The first is if you have the encryption series
    (837-K9 bundle) [likely for most of the G8 countries],
    and the second is if you have the security bundle
    (837-SEC-K9) with the PLUS feature set. It will cost you roughly US60.

    Both the 837-K9 and 837-SEC-K9 fall in Cisco "Category 1".
    If I understand correctly, you should be able to get support as
    one of CON-SNT-PKG1 or CON-SNT-PKG1-VS. Cisco wasn't able to explain
    to me what the difference was for the -VS (Virtual Service) series.
    The -PKG1 part numbering is likely a lot easier to find than the
    -CIS837* part numbering. The -CIS837* part number would be considered
    a "better" part number, but a year ago when I was checking, the -PKG*
    were still considered quite acceptable.

    One thing to watch out when searching for these is that you get the
    EUMA (European Union Market Area) version of them. There is no part
    number difference for that. You can buy from any EU vendor... it just
    happens that the UK has a lot more Cisco dealers online than other
    EUMA countries do.

    Walter Roberson, Jan 13, 2006