    Operating Systems. The software creates a virtual disk drive to store
    files in non-swapable RAM memory.

    RamDisk can improve performance by up to 50 times!

    Joe, Nov 16, 2003

  2. Joe

    RussS Guest

    heh heh heh

    If you belive that, I have this really neat bridge for sale .... lol

    RussS, Nov 16, 2003

  3. Joe

    efishta Guest

    That's just a RamDick utility which allows you to create a virtual disk in
    RAM. I'm pretty sure you can find free alternatives, and one thing they
    dont' mention in the advertisement is that once the computer turns off, all
    the data is gone as it was staying in volatile memory (RAM). A hard disk
    doesn't behave that way.

    efishta, Nov 16, 2003
  4. Joe

    efishta Guest

    Oops, I meant "RamDisk", not RamDick... hahaha

    efishta, Nov 17, 2003