Sun X-Terminal Mod

Discussion in 'Case Modding' started by bigal, Jul 1, 2005.

?

Can this win a magazine Mod of the Month award?

  1. You bet it can!

    100.0%
  2. Maybe, but you'll need to stop changing the lights around...

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Only after my computer wins it first!

    0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Well, what a coincidence that you would bring that up right now, this is post #1000.

    [​IMG]

    <Insert Fanfare here>

    The Modfather, Nov 21, 2005

  2. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    go kittah and modfather!!! :D

    unholy, Nov 21, 2005

  3. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Couldn't find one with the kitty with the sniper rifle with a 1000 ani, so, ah well. :)

    The Modfather, Nov 22, 2005
  4. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    hehe that sniper kitty is funny too :D

    unholy, Nov 22, 2005
  5. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    I know, makes a good avatar for FPS gaming sites. :)

    The Modfather, Nov 23, 2005
  6. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Congratulations.

    Now, will you reach 2,000 before 2006 arrives?:hmm2:

    bigal, Nov 25, 2005
  7. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Not very likely, no. But you might reach 500. :)

    The Modfather, Nov 25, 2005
  8. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    hehe yer al, your abit slow :D will i reach 3k?

    unholy, Nov 26, 2005
  9. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Well, if you....

    ....post multiple one-line messages, the likelihood of achieving the big 3K is increased significantly. But if you ramble on like I do, it could take a while. In fact, if you start posting pictures (maybe for the 2006 screensaver), it takes longer. :p Even using the proper icon takes more time.....:lollypop:

    bigal, Nov 26, 2005
  10. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    maybe i shall hire al as my personal typist :D

    unholy, Nov 27, 2005
  11. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Maybe...

    ....I could be your professional English language support too. Oh, I know. I could be your professional modder, maybe we could finish that VCR mod?:hmm2:

    bigal, Nov 27, 2005
  12. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    Ya know, none of those emoticons you're trying to use are workin Al. The new forum doesn't recognize 'em.

    The Modfather, Nov 27, 2005
  13. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    thats poof.

    VCR mod is paused cause i need to get me a video card :p

    unholy, Nov 28, 2005
  14. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Maybe we can trade...

    ...I have a 9600 Pro videocard (used). What would you trade it for? Keep in mind we each are dealing with shipping charges, probably $15 from my end.

    And what's up with these emoticons? Nothing works, yet they are there for us to select from!!! Grrrrr....

    bigal, Nov 29, 2005
  15. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    I dont have much, say. If i win anything from the Thinkcomputers Contests (seen as modfather is unable to be in it anymore :p). i will Send you everything i win (i cant get it anyways) and if i win nothing i will see what i can do :D

    unholy, Nov 29, 2005
  16. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Perhaps....

    ...you can win me a new Geforce 7800 GTX. I'd be happy to send you my old 9600 Pro AGP card. Hey, you need an AGP card, don't you. You're stuck with old tech buddy boy.:deal:

    bigal, Nov 29, 2005
  17. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    You've already got the 7800 GTOC, why can't you be happy? :)

    Yeah, so I can't win, I still get to review stuff now so I'm happy. And I get the ability to get my name out there on a well known site as a staff writer, all much better than winning a contest. Gotta love it.

    The Modfather, Nov 29, 2005
  18. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    True....

    ...after all, we don't do reviews for the money (because there isn't any). The only payback we get is sometimes we can keep the item we're reviewing, but more importantly, people read our stuff and comment on it. Nothing like a pat on the back now and then...

    bigal, Dec 1, 2005
  19. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    hehe i have new tech then u biatch :p its my 7800GTX :p

    Reviewing isn't about the gear its about having fun pushing the shit out stuff and not having to pay for it :D

    unholy, Dec 1, 2005
  20. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    You are a....

    ....danger to all silicon. CPU's shiver when you enter a room. GPU's wail when you turn on the PC. But most terrible of all, hard drives spin through the arc of theta when you touch the case......

    bigal, Dec 1, 2005