Sun sets Randall

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by netnews, Jan 17, 2004.

  1. netnews

    netnews Guest

    netnews, Jan 17, 2004

  2. netnews

    Annika1980 Guest

    From: "netnews"
    Most of them would've been better had you waited until the sun was below the
    horizon.

    Annika1980, Jan 17, 2004

  3. netnews

    netnews Guest

    How do you know?

    netnews, Jan 18, 2004
  4. netnews

    Annika1980 Guest

    From: "netnews"
    Cause I'm a professional sunset-watcher.
    I got my technique down and everything.

    Annika1980, Jan 18, 2004
  5. Better than your wedding photography...

    Randall Ainsworth, Jan 18, 2004
  6. netnews

    netnews Guest

    Like this one? http://www.hollidayphoto.com/keywestsunsets/undersun.jpg
    Usually after the sun sets below the horizon the clouds really light up, but
    this evening there were very few clouds, other than the ones pictured

    netnews, Jan 18, 2004
  7. Keep that sun as close to the middle of the frame as possible - that's
    why they put the little circle in the viewfinder. And I'd tilt the
    camera a little more.

    Randall Ainsworth, Jan 18, 2004
  8. netnews

    netnews Guest

    Whjy don't you shut it

    netnews, Jan 18, 2004
  9. Whjy don't you shut it

    Why don't you learn how to do photography properly before calling
    yourself a professional?

    Randall Ainsworth, Jan 18, 2004
  10. netnews

    netnews Guest

    hmmmmmmmmmm did i call myself a pro?
    no.
    I do make money doing this. I am in the process of getting ready for a big
    bridal show the end of Feb. Can't wait. I should get most of this next year
    booked.
    Do you ever have anything positive to say? Really.

    netnews, Jan 18, 2004
  11. netnews

    netnews Guest

    OK Randall,
    I stop talking with you, have fun in WA.

    netnews, Jan 18, 2004
  12. hmmmmmmmmmm did i call myself a pro?
    Post some professional calibre work and I'll say something positive. I
    take a dim view of amateurs charging people money for mediocre work.
    You've got a Web site up there soliciting work. You don't call that
    "professional"?

    FWIW, I never did a bridal show in my life. I always got enough
    weddings without them.

    Randall Ainsworth, Jan 18, 2004
  13. netnews

    Donald Gray Guest

    Nice picture but would be massively improved by cropping out 3/4 of
    the sea and the lump of sky to just above the clouds. - I just ported
    it to Photoshop and just did that - Much nicer... Makes it more od a
    panorama... much nicer

    Always think about cropping out un-neccessary or unwanted portions -
    never be afraid to crop hard if needs be.
    --
    Donald Gray
    www.odcombe.demon.co.uk

    Donald Gray, Jan 18, 2004
  14. netnews

    Donald Gray Guest

    Oh - and I forgot to add: rotate anti-clockwise by about 1 degree to
    get the horizon horizontal!
    --
    Donald Gray
    www.odcombe.demon.co.uk

    Donald Gray, Jan 18, 2004
  15. netnews

    netnews Guest

    Thanks Donald, The image is unedited except for a auto adjustment in
    Photoshop 7 . I like panoramas also. Image was taken from onboard the
    Scooner America replica, as are the other sunset related images.

    netnews, Jan 18, 2004
  16. netnews

    Donald Gray Guest

    You also have email

    --
    Donald Gray
    www.odcombe.demon.co.uk

    Donald Gray, Jan 18, 2004
  17. Thanks Donald, The image is unedited except for a auto adjustment in
    Looks more like you were drinking a schooner when you took it. :)

    Randall Ainsworth, Jan 19, 2004