    now it's cutting back on those projects.

    The company had a brief ascendancy during the Unix workstation boom of the
    1980s, but it's been on a long slow decline ever since.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jan 24, 2009

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    news2.thing Guest

    and it will bugger openoffice as well....if it has not already......

    regards

    Thing

    news2.thing, Jan 25, 2009

  3. In message
    If Sun shows signs of driving it into the ground, it will fork.

    Problems with open-source projects tend to be self-solving that way.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jan 25, 2009
  4. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    news2.thing Guest

    It cant as Sun controls the source code I believe?....so I think in
    order to fork they would have to start again from scratch....ie its
    not really an open source project...

    regards

    Thing

    news2.thing, Jan 26, 2009
  5. In message
    It's open source, they can't stop forks.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jan 26, 2009