    Firefox and Thunderbird and can it be installed over vers 1.7.2.
    Thanks
    Cappy

    Caploc, Nov 10, 2004

  2. Firefox and Thunderbird are completely separate applications, both from
    Mozlla and from each other. There is no question of installing Firefox
    "over" Mozilla.

    While Firefox and Mozilla have the same rendering engine, and display
    pages in close to the same way, the two applications have diverged. It
    is not quite so simple as to say FF+TB=Moz.

    The current FF/TB versions are based on the Moz 1.7 branch, but
    installing 1.7.3 does not mean you are installing FF and TB. 1.7.3 is a
    security update of the 1.7 branch. You should update to 1.7.3 fot
    security reasons, but you won't notice any difference in how the program
    behaves.

    It is recommended to remove an old version, using Add/Remove Programs,
    before installing a new version. Note that your profile is stored in a
    separate location. Uninstalling the progrram leaves you for profile for
    the new version to pick up.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Nov 10, 2004

  3. Caploc