Suggestions wanted: PC for photo & video editing

Discussion in 'General Computer Support' started by Mason, Aug 6, 2010.

  1. Mason

    Mason

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I'm in the market for a PC that can handle advance photo editing and video creation/editing. While searching the web, I came across this forum. In reading a few posts/responses, it's clear that many of you are experts in your field. I, on the other hand, am not. My apologies in advance...

    I'm an avid photographer (SLR & DSLR). As my parents are getting up in old age and celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary in October, I want to chronicle their life in pictures from slides, negatives, 8 mm film, and digital photos. My plan is to present it to them in book and video form.

    I will be using Adobe Lightroom 3 for photo edits. I have no idea which video software I should purchase either. At least for now, if I have the PC I can start with the pics.

    From what I understand, the manufacturer name is not as important as what the box contains because they use the same components. Even if this is fact, I'm still at a loss for types, size, speed, and reliability to my application of the components.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Mason (eastern NC)

    Mason, Aug 6, 2010