    Developer by using the Microsoft .net framework Part 1
    70-235: Developing Business Process and Integration solutions using Mirosoft
    BizTalk Server 2006

    Sajid S. Malik, Sep 23, 2006

  2. Sept. 23, 2006

    If you have only passed 315 & 316... then you cannot take the upgrade
    exams... which leaves the SQL/BizTalk/.Net Application Development
    Foundation exams... Since 315 & 316 implies that you are mainly a developer,
    I would go with the .Net App Dev Foundation exam.

    Or, if you took 310, then you could take both of the MCAD upgrade exams.
    --

    Joseph Bittman
    Microsoft Certified Solution Developer

    Blog/Web Site: http://CactiDevelopers.ResDev.Net/

    Joseph Bittman MVP MCSD, Sep 24, 2006

  3. Yes I agree that I'm a developer but I would also like to expand my skills towards databases as well I mean I have good working experience on the previous versions of SQL Server but I would like to get it certified as well. Do you think that its worth going for 70-431 exam?
    Regards,
    Saj

    Sajid S. Malik, Sep 24, 2006
  4. Sept. 23, 2006

    If you're a dev at work... I'd say no.... that SQL exam would be more Administrative, like a SQL Admin.... and wouldn't have much to do with programming for SQL server...

    However, if you want to become a SQL/DB Admin, then it would be helpful... but if you don't see yourself with that job title in the future - then I doubt it would be helpful, let alone have a better return on investment than the other exams.

    Joseph Bittman MVP MCSD, Sep 24, 2006
  5. Cheers! I would go down that route.
    Also I need some clarification that do I need to pass just one more exam to get the MCAD certification? I
    thought I have to go for another 2 exams 70-320 & there is one required
    elective exam that I have to pass in order to get entitled for the MCAD
    certification.

    Sajid S. Malik, Sep 25, 2006
  6. Sept. 28, 2006

    You actually just need 320... when 715 & 716 are both taken, then one covers a required exam and one satisfies an elective... which leaves only 320 left as required.

    BTW, it doesn't matter which exam is technically specified as the "elective", as there isn't a way to specify which is which... it is just an automatic formality.

    Joseph Bittman MVP MCSD, Sep 28, 2006